45th SOUTH AFRICAN PUMP CLUSTER MEETING
14 February 2019. 11:00 to 12:30
Foseco Training Centre, Alrode.
The chairman welcomed those present.
Mr. Clinton Harris – KSB
Mr. Blackie Swart – John Crane.
Mr. Enno Kruger- SAIF
Mr. Paul Cuthbert – Actom
Mr. Hanno Viljoen – Weir Minerals
Mr. Eddie Hill – Rapid Allweiler.
Mr. Howard Jones – Committee
Mr. Bonginkosi Mamba – the dti
Vote for Chairman
The Chairman proceeded with the voting in of the new chairman by means of a show of hands.
The new chairman SA Pump Cluster is Mr.Howard Jones
Minutes of the previous meeting.
The minutes of the meeting held October 25, 2018 were approved as being a true reflection of the meeting.
Membership fees 2019
- Currently R7000
- No Information available from Rapid as to the current status of Accounts
- Fees to cover Website and operating costs of Cluster and Chairman
- Any additional marketing costs to be handled on an ADHOC basis
- Invoices were normally sent out by Rapid, has not happened this year
- Set of books to be set up
Bank account and possible registration of “organization”
- Howard to get legal advice and discuss with bank
- Hanno to set up meeting with Charl Clark
- Pump cluster seen as source of information for pump and MV motor industry
- Bongi requested any success stories regarding the designation functionality
- Critical infrastructure suggestions to be submitted as a matter of urgency however definition relative to Pump Cluster focus was identified as a problem
- A request from the floor regarding the release of “re-worked” pump survey from PWC to Bongi
- Request from Bongi for a list of any areas of concern or for assistance that he can drive through the DTI
- Bongi to set up meetings with SOE’s for Cluster
The largest driver was discussion around the release of funding of water and waste water projects which would stimulate local production and allow for more interaction with SOE’s
There being no further business the meeting was closed at 12:45
April 18, 2019. 11:00 to 12:30
Foseco, 12 Bosworth Street, Alrode North
>> VIEW AGENDA